Looking For Something?

Friday, February 16, 2018

WTF - Craigslist

So I need another book case and decided to try Craigslist for the purchase.

Yep, I tried Goodwill, everything was from 1978, consignment shops didn't have what I was looking for.

I never realized a Craigslist purchase was almost like a drug deal.

Disclaimer, I've never bought drugs in my life, I'm referring to what I've seen on TV.

I responded to an add on Craigslist. "Do you have it?"

He messages back, "Yeah, I got it. Do you want it?"

"Yes, I want it. How much?"

He tells me a price, and I balk, we negotiate

"So, where do you want to meet for the exchange?" He asks.

"I don't know how, how far away are you?" I reply.

"I've got school during the day but can meet you in the parking lot of school. I'm the black pickup truck with the RECESS sticker."

"OK, I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot."

I drive to the school, early looking for the car. Was there a sale on black pickup trucks and was RECESS giving out free stickers? I drive up and down the parking lot as the students walk out until one in particular, a guy in black jeans and a black hoodie signals me.

I stop by him, "Are you the guy with the stuff?"

He nods, "Follow me back here to my truck."

I drive around to the truck. He looks both ways, jumps into the back of the truck, pulling a tarp to the side. "Is this what you want?"

I look at it, "Yep, that's it."

"Do you have the cash?" He asks.

"Yes, I have the cash," I reply.

We both look up and down the parking lot, I hand an envelope over to him. He opens it looking at the bills, then puts it in his pocket, "OK, let's make the exchange."

I watch as a large burly man gets out of the truck, moves the item from the bed of his truck to the bed of my truck. We both look at each other.

"Thank you for doing business with me," He says with a wink. "I have more."

I reply, "I'll be in touch."

No comments:

Post a Comment